I love the fact that I was in the right place at the right time. I got a 4 32 oz. cartons of Stonyfield yogurt on sale with coupons and froze it. With the strawberry yogurt, I made myself a yummy smoothie with half a juice orange as my liquid, frozen strawberries, and a ripe banana. The fresh quality of the fruit adds all the sweetener I need, making this drink easy and healthy.
With the April weather making for lovely warm, but breezy afternoons, I am really enjoying these cold drinks that use the winter orange and the spring strawberry.
Cost to Make Strawberry Smoothie
- $0.16 Strawberyy Yogurt (Publix)
- $0.50 Strawberries (Maitland Farmer's Market)
- $0.05 Orange (Holianna Groves)
- $0.21 Banana (Costco)
- $0.92 Total
Recipe for Strawberry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt, preferably frozen
- 3-4 Whole flash frozen strawberries
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana
- 1/2 juice orange, like Tangelo, juiced
Whirl all ingredients in a blender until mixed and at desired consistency. Makes one serving.