This was an easy dessert that is best put together immediately before serving. Also, to conserve energy, I only make it when the oven has already been used for another part of the meal or for a baking project.
Recipe for Peach Shortcake
- Defrost Pepperide Farm Puff Pastry Sheets. (One sheet serves two people).
- Bake on cookie sheet according to package directions.
- Cut each sheet into four equal pieces.
- Slice fresh peaches rather thinly.
- Layer one piece of the pastry sheet with three or four slices of peaches so as not to make it too tall.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream using a spoon so the scoop is flatter.
- Layer another piece of pastry and more peaches.
- If the dessert is short enough, you can top with another scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish with any crumbles of the pastry left on the baking sheet.