I've spent a little more time researching zucchini recipes than I had planned. The ones on the list are just the ones that appeal to me tonight. Who knows what I will want to do tomorrow and the remainder of the week!
We do have family in town, which means I will be dining with them for most lunches and will possibly not be home early enough to have dinner on the table before Paul gets home. So, I'm thinking fast and simple meals for dinners.
- Leftovers, Salad, and Hommus or veggie meat sandwiches; or Dining out
- Wild rice, Zucchini and Apple Pancakes (Not together. The apple goes with ice cream for dessert.) I'm really into pancakes lately.
- Zucchini Enchiladas with Homemade Salsa (From my Gourmet Magazine archives)
- Zucchini Almond Pasta (Our absolute favorite. Serve cold for summer. Made pasta tonight so it will be ready whenever I need it.)
- Zucchini Carrot Saute over Rice
- Dare I hope to have time to make homemade pizza?
Other meal plans include fruit smoothies and sorbets. We have a lot of frozen fruit. I'm also running low on fresh fruit because we are big fruit eaters. I'll be reaching for what I've hidden in the freezer when our grapes run out.
In an effort to correct any misconceptions that we sound really poor, I just want to point out that I really don't like going shopping. I enjoy leaving my house to go to the gym, to mommy group, or just for a walk. But to actually go with a list to buy is not one of my favorite things--whether my husband agrees or not. So, I really try not to put forth such efforts too many times in a week. Last week, I really played it low-key. Since I'll be buying for house guests that come next week, I'll be making up for the lack of groceries shortly.